AuthorMessage
 Post subject: characters GUIDE
PostPosted: 30. Oct 2011, 16:04 
Demon Vulgar
Demon Vulgar||

ARCHERS
STATS to place BASE POINTS WISE**
start with agility to 90.
followed by health to 70 then strength to 50. after this then add to either health or str.(more recommended is str.PROVEN.)
end product should be:
agi:90
str:50
health:70

now let me explain why you should add to these attributes.
AGILITY is basically adding to an archer's evasion and on target point. this is best for a Dex archer which is an ideal character.
STRENGTH is basically to increase your max and min attack damage. It also gives a faster increase in your on target point than agility.
HEALTH is quite important here as we archers are generally weak when mobs start hitting us.HEALTH of course adds to our max hp and gives us more health to withstand the darn mob before we unlease our stagger biggrin.gif

now. after making your base stats to the amount i just adviced, any other stats you feel like putting can be done at your own will. ppl i've seen who'se stats go to this:
Bullseye( pardon if its a bit off) ***
agi :127
str :55
health :57

Tsubasa
agi 120+(sorry cant remember)***
str 75
health 75

HEALTH AGI ARCHER

i tried out a health archer that did not concentrate on strength at all.
end build was
sodaPOP:
agi 95
health 70
str 15

STR/AGI ARCHER
END PRODUCT
tequilaPOP
agi 119
str 86
health 40 ( all with items)

conclusions?
DO.NOT.FOLLOW.THIS.BUILD.BECAUSE.IT.SUCKS.TERRIBLY!!!!!!!
why am i saying this here? one good reason is this.
i assumed that if i had a high str and agi, i could EVADE and be ACCURATE due to str adding more otp and agi adding more evasion. thus happily being able to jeopardise my health for that.
i was WRONG.
now i have only 1259 health at lvl 45 (which is the same amount as an average archer at lvl 25 who is following my hybrid agi guide up there.)
and im getting hit left right up down centre barely evading just like b4. also, i am unable to take 2 doggebis easily like i used to.
though my flamy arrows and blow up arrows are accurate and my hb and sb too, it is no use without health!!!
therefore, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND the build at the top. HEALTH IS THE WAY TO GO. THEN str.

now im stuck with this cuz i cant afford a stone of birth online to reset and save my ass. so (unless anyone wuld like to send it as a gift and i pay u back in kal geon) im screwed and like to save u ppl too ^^;; so much for being guinea pig huh ^^.

i'll try a new build one day when i have a stone and have the time. this time, AGI, HEALTH, WIS archer ^^
so keep checking back!!!
* i have tried out TWO new archer builds.(cheers for the stupid guinea pig of me.)

** BASE POINTS: what is base points? it is your stats without any items, eggs, accessories and whathaveyou.

***im sorry about this stats from these players currently. cuz they are very VERY old. but this is just an old template for information ^^

SKILLS
im only going to say this once.
STAGGERING BLOW : THE most important skill an archer requires.
the Stagger takes 4 seconds to charge before releasing a heavy blow that usually take out more than half or if not, half of the enemy's health depending on your ability and its level.
poppy's recommendation :add your first 10 skill points to this its worth it.MAX it.

FATAL BLOW(chance capture) : this is a skill that allows you to increase the chance of a high critical hit and also gives you more On target points according to your level( i cant remember well maybe i'll update when i see the trend. right now im guessing its from lvl 11-20 its +1otp, 21-30 is +2 otp and 31-40 is +3 otp and so on)
MAX this as well it is worth the points.

Concentration : gives you +2 otp per skill point invested in it. ( so u'll get +20 otp by the time u max it at 10) highly recommended since you will need this to be more accurate.

HEARTBREAKER : a better version of STAGGERING BLOW, only now it allows u to randomly stun your opponent.

FLAMY ARROW : for str archers. shooting flame arrows (higher damage)

BLOWUP ARROW: better version of flamy arrow.

other than this, please do not add to anything else.
let me explain why.
BOW MASTERY : it used to be adding otp per skill point which was an asset to archers. but now the system changed it to max and min attack dmg so its rather useless placing it there.
PASSIVE ATTACK : its supposed to make the monster less hostile so when ppl attack it it'll draw it away better. but its useless since u wont want someone to ks u rite -.-
MUSCLE SOLIDFICATION : just like bow mastery. it sucks. just a higher grade of suckification.
POISON ARROW : not as useful now until i research furthur.

WHY should we keep the extra skill points?
later on at lvl 40+, PERFECT EVASION(ability to evade attack even though monster hit you)
and fatal blow that is STILL in usage at lvl 47. will both have their skills available to you.
and also blowup arrow that adds real cool effects and IS worth placing.
at that moment, one would be in a dilema on which to put(just like me)
so based on experience, when you have kept your existing skill points, it is worth it when later on you have double skills and even TRIPLE SKILLS to put into, you can put into all because you have extra skill points to spare.

OK i hope this will clear things up once and for all. i promise to update this when i finalise a few more of my tips.for any mistakes pls pm me in forum or in game. hope u guys have fun.
tequilaPOP

KNIGHT

1. Evolution
Until level 50 knights level the hardest because of their small damage and non lethal skills (by this I mean nothing close to the staggering blow of the archer or shockwave/normal damage of mages). They also are the biggest consumers of medium meds so be prepared to spend millions on healing. But for the ones who make it to level 50 the reward is more than satisfying :wink: . Why? Because they can become vagabond knights (2nd job) and also use the 2 handed g50 sword at its maximum potential (there are 3 types of these swords->Giant Sword , Revengeful Sword , Butterfly Shaped Giant Sword ). So, with the help of the vagabond skills (powerfull upward slash aka pus and brutal attack being the most important ones) and with the enourmous damage of the g50+ 2 handed swords knights become the biggest bruisers(2k damage easily reached even by a lvl 50 vaga) => they level the easiest, are very popular in parties, deadly in PvP (with the help of their stun attacks: Flashing Slash, Rush and shield Attack for those who will still use a 1handed sword).
There is also a second class option when reaching level 50 and that is the Commander. These are defence/party based knights (they will eventually be able to revive and heal between other buffs they can apply on themselves and the party). They can use the 2 handed sword but that means they have to loose the shield (same as vagabonds) and its just not rentable for them (they have a few skills like Shield Offense that need a shield).
This was only a brief description with the goal of preparing/informing every starting knight about the path he is on biggrin.gif
2. Party issues
The only use in a party for a knight the same level as the other members (archers, mages) is tanking. But unfortunetly most knights don't know how to do it or how to make themselfs good at it. So here are a few important tips.
--- What is a tank/behaviour of one: a char that can take a decent amount of hits (thats why knights are best suited for this) but in the same time cause enough hostility to the monster so it doesn't attack anyone else (this is where the problem for us knights appears). In a party with a good tank its very hard to die even against purple mobs. The tank constantly attracts every monster to him (using mockery/provocation skills) and then keeps attacking it , a mage takes care of him by healing and the other members of the party attack non-stop without the worry of being surounded my mobs. In case a monster spawns and attacks the other party members the duty of the tank is to immediatly attract the critter to him EVEN if he already has some other monsters attacking him.
--- One of the most overlooked skills of a knight is Portect (it should be Protect but the koreans got it wrong again). It can be cast only on party members and it reduces the hostility they inflict on mobs. This way the chance of a monster escaping from you and attacking the party member that you cast it on decreases dramatically. Its VERY usefull in parties, its essencial for efficient tanking so USE IT as much as you can. NOTE: the cooldown time for the skill is pretty long so use it on mages first (they have the weakest defence, lowest health so they are the most exposed on dying...plus their normal damage is very high so there is a risk of attracting the mob )
--- Mockery/Provocation. These are used for luring monsters from a big group by increasing the hostility of the monster towards you which leads to it attacking. Provocation is the upgrade of Mockery. Again, these skills are essencial for a good tank and they can proove useful in other situations too (like getting back on a kser tongue.gif ). So, when tanking, use one of these skills(or even one after the other because they have separate cooldowns) on each monster because it will give you an advantage in hostility and thus you'll be able to keep the monster from attacking the other party members.
--- Don't relly only on the mage healing you. When in trouble use meds without any hesitation. Loosing a couple of geons is way better than dying.
--- Don't unequip your strength accesories and put health ones unless the risk of death is big. Its useless to have lots of health if you don't damage the monster enough to keep it from attacking the other party members.
--- Use the macro feature (and I'm not talking about spamming your uber item all around fort). You should have a bind that alerts the party the time is for running and not fighting and one to tell them you need mana (which is very important because you can't cast Mockery and can't use TB without it).

STATS
This may not be the most popular build but as I see it is by far the most efficient.
STRENGTH: 90 (this is a must no matter the build you're going for)
HEALTH: 70 (not before pumping the agility to 48)
AGILITY: 48 (why 48?...because wasting 2 points more until 50 is useless because no evasion or on target points are added...unless you take into consideration the gear bonusses...so in the end its up to you).
1. Stat distribution in time
So the first thing you should do is concentrate on getting the str to 60, then put points equally only in health and agility. When you get the agility to 48 and health to 50 stop and concentrate on getting the strength to 90. Then go for health only until 70. From this point on strength should be your main goal again, and occasionally investing points in health or agility (according to your prefferences). There is no golden rule but one thing is for sure: plan ahead and do your stats depending on what class you are gonna choose at level 50.
2. Why add agility?
On target points are critical for archers and knights so its best to have as many as possible. Strength adds 1 on target point every 3 steps and agility adds every 7,..(almost 8) steps . So when you need 3 stat points to raise 1 strength, in order to get 1 otp you have to invest 9 stat points...BUT until it reaches 50, 1 agility requires 1 stat point so in order to get 1 otp you have to invest only 7 stat points. So its common logic to invest 50 points in agility instead of putting them into strength because you get more otp, plus you gather a decent amount of evasion and some damage (less than you would get from strength, but this is irrelevant). I advise people to pump agility early (before getting the strength to 90) because i noticed with low level monsters (until devil soldiers) even the smallest agility bonus can really soften the damage you take.
Adding more than 50 agility is like I said a matter of preferences (I think I'm gonna try it tongue.gif). Even if 1 strength will require 4 points that would mean 12 points for 1 otp, while agility would add 1 otp every minimum 14 points....so its no longer better at otp than strength. But in the same time it pumps damage and adds evasion.

SKILLS
Ok ok...even the most efficient stat distribution cannot make you good if your skills are twisted (trust me...I know biggrin.gif ). So here how your skills should look like:
Weapon Mastery(available at level 1) -> Max it to 20 as soon as you can. Don't get scared that it adds otp and damage every 2 grades...its Very useful!!!! At grade 1: +1 attack, 0 otp || grade 10: +6 attack, +5 otp || grade 20(max): +11 attack, +10 otp.
Lightning Slash(level 5) -> This is a very delicate subject. The skill is very useful when low level BUT its upgrades suck (Upward Slash and Widening Wound) and also it consumes 10 skills points which is a lot! So here it depends on you. You can take it and max it but be prepared to spend money on a stone of chance for resetting it around level 30. My advice is that its wiser to think long term and not even activate it. It will be a little harder at the begining but this way you'll only be better prepared for what will come . If you don't use skill points on it you won't suffer from the lack of them later on (considering you have all your quests done up to date).
Critical Hit(level 10) -> If you decided not to take Lighning Slash this should be even more important than Weapon Mastery...so put points into it as often as you can. If you took Lightning Slash (again...I don't reccomend it)...put points into it as often as you can biggrin.gif. Its DEADLY later on!!! At grade 1: 1% probability, 52% additional damage || grade5: 5%probability, 60% additional damage || grade 10: 10% probability, 70% additional damage || grade 15(max): 10% probability, 80% additional damage. The difference may not seem much but think about the fact that when you'll be able to max it you'll do 2k damage and adding 80% more at every 10 attacks is really really nice.
Mockery(level 15) -> Hehe...delicate subject again. Until now I reccomended to everyone to max it. Why?...read the Party issues section about tanking. You will also need it maxed for getting its upgrade...Provocation. BUT, the thing is lack of skill points is big and if you put more than 2 points in mockery you wont have enough skill points for the level 50+ skills. So my reccomendation now is if you're planning to go Vagabond, put only 1 or 2 points in it. If you're going Commander, I think the best option would be to max it and keep it like that until you put your hands on the Portect 2 skill. Mockery adds 200 hostility at grade 1, 350 at grade 2.....800 at grade 5 (max).
Upward Slash(level 24) -> Bleahh, Yuck, disgusting !!!!
Shield Attack(level 25) -> you get it automatickly at level 25 and you can't put any points in it but USE it in duels. It can stun the opponent depending on the level difference between you and him. Its the only chance knights have of defeating mages and archers until we get to that marvelous level 50 biggrin.gif.
Portect -> Describes in the party section. you get it the same as shield attack, you can't upgrade it but you MUST USE it!
Beheading -> Useless!!! laugh.gif
Defence(level 30) -> It basically increases the chance of evading attacks, especially ranged ones. Its a skill to get but careful because if you choose vagabond class at level 50 you won't be able to use it anymore (it requires a shield). Instead, the vagabond skill parry is aparently based on defence...so max it out no matter the class you're gonna choose at the 2nd job change (thanks to Dahmer and Smarcs for pointing this out). At grade1: +1% chance of blocking melee attack, +4% chance of blocking a ranged attack || grade 5: +5%, +8% || grade 10: +10%, +13% || grade 12 (the max you can add until level 50): +12%, +15% || grade 15(max): +15%, +18%.
Transcendental Blow(level 30) -> This is the skill you'll be using a very looong time. It makes awsome damage to the enemy and as a bonus it increases its hostility towards you with 200%. So if you do 600 dmg on the monster, its hostility towards you will increase with 600 + 600 * 2. So this makes it excellent for tanking, its also very usefull when soloing(especially when maxed because the chances of missing and charging time will decrease), and its needed for Flashing Slash. At grade 1 it adds 200 damage, 2 otp and takes 0.55 seconds to execute. When reaching grade 5 (max) it gives 400 extra damage, 10 otp and takes only 0.35 seconds to charge.
Flashing Slash(level 39) -> It the used in combination with Transcendental Blow. The damage it adds its not impressive, but its main advantages are the stun and the bonus of hostility it inflicts. It can stun both creatures and players, and the chance to stun depends on the level difference between the target and you. It only has 3 grades so getting it to max efficiency is reccomended.
Provocation(level 41) -> Its the upgrade of Mockery, every thing that has been said about Mockery is available for it too. It adds 1000 hostility at grade 1, 1200 at grade 2 and 1400 at grade 3 (max). It also has bigger range than Mockery.
Increasing Concentration(level 42) -> It adds 3 otp for 15 minutes. Its almost like getting 3 otp permanently because you can easily activate it back when it runs out, so its a very good skill to have. It only has 1 grade...unfortunately smile.gif

MAGE

Mages are very complex characters; there are four types of mages.
Fire mages: very slow attack which does quite a bit of damage, but you must level quite high to get the other skills (heh when enemies are damaged by this, their hp looks cool going down).
Ice mages: fast attack, but have the ability to slow down the enemy. They also have area skills (AOE)(splashy ice)
Lightning mages: moderate attack, does moderate damage. If you like to nuke people, be a lightning mage biggrin.gif.
Support mages: support everyone with cure magic, speed, and lots of buff magic.
There are a wide range of mages...this section will describe the ones that are most common.

Pure Attack Mage: Can be lightning/ice, fire/ice, and fire/lightning. They are, however, low on curing, but if you don't want to hear "speed me please" all the time (even though you still will...), be a pure attack mage. Actually, the main purpose of the attack mage is to solo itself (thus the name hermit ensued).

Support/Elementalist Mage: Support and have an attack as well; they focus mainly on one type of magic and have cure magic.
Most mages are like these because they are a variety of heal/attack. Some common hybrids are support/ice, support/fire, and support/lightning. However, you will have to choose whether going Chairperson or Hermit, which is, in other words, full-time healer or somewhat soloer, or full soloer.

Hermits have many area (ex. thunder storm) and selective attacks (ex. lightning summons) which vary in power, whereas CJB (chairperson) have soul destruction and any other skills before that. However, CJB have many awesome buffs and healing powers (and hypnotism! Who doesn't love hypnotism...), whereas the hermit has weapon refinery and no other support skills besides the ones they had before.

Jobs

Mage -> Literary Man (lvl 30)
Literary Man -> Chairperson of Joobang or Hermit (lvl 50)
Chairperson of Joobang -> Military Advisor (lvl 70)
Hermit -> Ascetic (lvl 70)

Stats

There are tons and tons of different variations of stats for different mages. You can follow this stat type if you want:

Attack Mage
Health 50
Intelligence 90
Wisdom 60

Support/Elementalist Mage
Health 50
Intelligence 90
Wisdom 90

Why should we have intelligence/wisdom at 60? At 60, these stats start costing 2 points, and for the build we have created, we need to add to the primary skills for the build specifically. After 50 health, health points cost 2 points. However, you will need
about 70 health after you get your stats to this build.

Support Mage
Health 50
Wisdom 90+
Intelligence 60

The build for support mages is difficult because you require a lot of wisdom but lower intelligence. This lower int makes it difficult to kill quickly, and so you must party a lot in order to gain lots of experience. I do not recommend doing this build, since instead you can buy wisdom armor, which can add up to 30 wisdom points just from the armor. With a good saehak stick (such as +10 wisdom), you can increase that to 45 wisdom w/ + rings/belts/trinkets, and so you can increase intelligence instead...You also have your bird/panther to increase your stats. However, if you choose this build, you should equip yourself with some intelligence equipment until you receive cure (level 16) so you don't level too slowly...

Skills

These skills are organized under the different elemental magics. It has been recommended quite a few times to choose one elemental and the support skills, or only 2 elementals because you will want the skills for your build. Either max the skills in one elemental and support, or half and half to get all requirements for 2 different skills.
*Note: You must choose to be either a Hermit (full attack mage), or a CJB (curing, support, party mage). Executable skill=skill that is manually used, Applied skill=skill constant (automatically on).

Post subject: Re: characters GUIDE
PostPosted: 30. Oct 2011, 16:40 
Demon Vulgar
Demon Vulgar||

could you post a link where you copied this from? xD

RedLight KalOnline Private Server Screenshots 2
Boss Guide
Screenshots 140+ Areas

PostPosted: 30. Oct 2011, 16:51 
Demon Vulgar
Demon Vulgar||

well , official ? i was thinking to post cause some peoples are really really lazy to take a look :) and maybe they will stop asking and take a look in guide topic :)

PostPosted: 30. Oct 2011, 16:59 
Newcomer
Newcomer||

nice guide :)

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: 30. Oct 2011, 17:01 
Demon Water Dragon
Demon Water Dragon

now all the mages are gonna blame you for telling them to put wisdom.. lmao

PostPosted: 30. Oct 2011, 17:08 
Demon Vulgar
Demon Vulgar||

i'm pretty sure you copied this from somewhere :D
you sometimes have to read through what you are posting

if i read some lines i can see something like: tongue.gif, laugh.gif and smile.gif
doesnt make any sense in this forum

and if i read through the guide for knights, there is written you need some macro for when you are out of mana^^, you just can run out of meds but not out of mana :P

RedLight KalOnline Private Server Screenshots 2
Boss Guide
Screenshots 140+ Areas

PostPosted: 30. Oct 2011, 19:29 
Demon Water Dragon
Demon Water Dragon

lmao its from kalhq ^^ he just posted here so n4ps wont ask n4p questions :geek:

PostPosted: 31. Oct 2011, 15:01 
ShinTao
ShinTao||

My comma stats:
-lvl 94
-120 str
-110 hp
-70agi

Anyone have better suggestion for comma build :D ?

First post in this topic was probably copied from somewhere yeah and I checked those mage skills ... not rly best one for private server I guess :D

Guild: Theros

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: 31. Oct 2011, 15:11 
Fire Element
Fire Element

Crappy guide for a P server.

Those mage builds = pure shitt pfff.

Btw, THe commander stats, i would have been going a bit less agi, and more hp but maybe that is just me,.

PostPosted: 31. Oct 2011, 15:49 
Newcomer
Newcomer

110 hp is perfectly fine I wouldn't add more, accessories and higher gear make up a lot for hp. Agi is fine, few extra free otp there etc. Rest str, otp is needed a lot.

But that's also just me.

<GS>Highball - F/L me questions or problems in game.

PostPosted: 31. Oct 2011, 15:52 
Demon Vulgar
Demon Vulgar

Im happy with my char choise and I got my own stats.Dont need those from kalhq.com or from the program that some ppl use :) all thought kal exist for like 7years ppl still didnt learn how to stat? epic ;)..anyway stat urself as u want and choose char wisely.Every char pwn in own way but sometimes u can impress others with doin smth that they never could ^^.

PostPosted: 31. Oct 2011, 16:43 
Demon Vulgar
Demon Vulgar||

well good , i was trying to help some ppls cause i saw some asking for stats , and i just gave them a point view to start .

P.S: and all who said " is copied or whatever" i don't care if it is and i don't blame someone else for doing same thing or other thing , you should say thx cause i'm trying to remind you old stuffs .

PostPosted: 31. Oct 2011, 17:07 
Demon Vulgar
Demon Vulgar

Yeah well theres no thanks button even tho most of us wont need it but atleast u tryed to help ;)

ty anyway. dumm <3

PostPosted: 31. Oct 2011, 21:42 
Newcomer
Newcomer||

Qing wrote:
Im happy with my char choise and I got my own stats.Dont need those from kalhq.com or from the program that some ppl use :) all thought kal exist for like 7years ppl still didnt learn how to stat? epic ;)..anyway stat urself as u want and choose char wisely.Every char pwn in own way but sometimes u can impress others with doin smth that they never could ^^.

so what you're trying to tell me is that i don't know how to stat? :) Let me inform you about one thing, it's a big difference between stating a character on a low-rate server and on a server like this, with alot of talismans and armors! And since i'm used to play at the low-rate servers, i asked for some advices on a server like this. But if that bothers you, i may apologize..

Yours Sincerely, sOul :?

PostPosted: 31. Oct 2011, 21:50 
Demon Vulgar
Demon Vulgar

sOul wrote:
Qing wrote:

so what you're trying to tell me is that i don't know how to stat? :) Let me inform you about one thing, it's a big difference between stating a character on a low-rate server and on a server like this, with alot of talismans and armors! And since i'm used to play at the low-rate servers, i asked for some advices on a server like this. But if that bothers you, i may apologize..

Yours Sincerely, sOul :?

No offense bro but I didnt said anything against u or so ;).Its ok if u ask but its same as usualy.talismans/upgrades etc doesnt affect ur clean build.Clean build is important no matter how pimped ur gear is cuz the rest are addons only :p