RedLight Evolution KalOnline Private Server
It is currently 17. Oct 2017, 18:45

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: balancing chars and leveling spots
PostPosted: 14. May 2014, 10:17 
ShinTao
ShinTao||

After berttjj made his post at screenshot area, I decided to move his topic here.
His post:

berttjj wrote:
Hi Qantin,
Graaaatz with you bow and the pimping you have done, looks sexy mate.
Shame tho, the more i inlog in the game the less players we have.
This are some points to get more players, otherwise Uppa gonna need to make a reset and start all over new, that would be a shame after a lot of players are high level.
- drops still sucks, gamers talking about 7 levels from 141 to 148 without a single level, boring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
- support online ? none, the only one that helps new players is you, thats wat think.
SO wats the point on having GS ?
- making the server atractive for new players ? like starting gift, gear or wathever and make it easy so they stay on the server and not leave after level 100 or so.
- Server have a lot of spot and new areas, shame thats only for the few no lifers that can get a lot of money and gear/weapon to go on.( if it drops of coorse)
- Server is still not balanced about chars, Knights allmost none, mages well they get tired of splashing all the time wthout drops for better gear and weapon to go higher spots, Hermits like me need to play for weeks at TOP or ghostship to level up!!!!!!!!!!
- most important of all, make the server a happy server, again assassins everywhere killing people, thats the point of the game right ? the more fun the server is the more players there will be.
- Lets have some GM online, hard GM's to ban or kick afk splashers and others.
- I miss Any, yes i do, she was hard but nice in some ways, lots of players back then, and everyone loves her in some kind of way.
- it will be a shame that redlight have a reset and get low players again, like i said before other private server have like +200 players just cause it is at least easyer to get stuff and support online 24/7, and they are not better then redlight.
- Best redlight version ever, POS beads version.
- People not even voting for the kalcash cause its to low cash, they getting tired of voting for a non stable server at the moment and with allmost no players, completely noram reaction.
- this morning 23 players online me includes 2 chars!!!!
- hope you guys take considaration about my points.
- Dont forget in life, uppa said it more then once we all have a real life and cant play 24/7, well make it fun for the houres we can play, you need donations, at this point dunno if you get any.
JUst trying to find a solution to get more players and resurect redlight, i have the feeling he is diieng little by little.
you gonna say, yeah when everyone got high level stuff then its done no more fun, well at the contrary, they can go collect for guild members to get stronger for castle war or selling stuff to oher players, like all the other server do.
Sincerely yours
miata/Peanut in game

My suggestions and ideas about that

There are not many active SP players on, but that's because there are only like 50-70 players online, and half of them is afk/shop accounts etc.

About balancing, we all know it's still not perfectly balanced like int server, and it won't ever be. Other servers seems to be more balanced, but that's because they are all int like (Void kal for example).

The problem with drops ... droprate seems kinda low, but still possible to get something, it's just based on luck. The problem I see is blacksmith of god. Whenever I get g120/130 wep droped, do you think I sell it, and make another player stronger? Nope I use it for mfus, so higher levels get weapons as drop and instead of seeling it and make leevling easier for lower levels, they use it for mfus. That way price of those weapons are damn high because it's hard to get them.
But after all the time Uppa spent on working for that blacksmith of god, I don't think he will remove it.

Uppa however gave me a bit of informations about armor upgrading etc. Right now we can have normal, bof, boi, pov, poj, pos armor but we can't upgrade from pov to pos for example. So he decided to make some kind of DSS system for armor, which would replace bof/boi/pov/poj/pos. So we would acctually put DSS on armor, and we would get stats from POJ armor for exapmple. That way we can upgrade armor to "POS" (it would have same stats like POS now, but it would be differend name or w/e ... not important), without destroying armors and make them overpriced, and unposible to get for lower levels.
Same system could be done for weapons ... DSS talismans for weapons (instead of mfu system), so players wouldn't destroy weapons anymore to get mfus. It seems like good idea for me, because server would have much more G110/120/130 weapons, so prices would be lower ---> low players can get it easier --> more money left for armor ---> good armor + wep ---> faster and easier leveling.

What about donations then? Well simply add DSS for armor and weapon at donation shop ... sure that way donators might be OP, but they still need to get droped armor and wep to make it to maximum DSS. And if they donate for server, let them have some advantages ... at least there would be more players I hope.

About mages: since shiny is added to server, TOP should be renewed by my opinion. For mage spots ofc. Uppa hate splash spots because mages would be afk there ^^
But now there is a chance to make something good out of it.
Make spots at TOP mage floor, where mages can level from 80/100 to 140 at least.
At that spot there should be some mobs that are meant to die, and there should be some ultra high level/resist mob on which mage will put shiny. Like int for example. Some priest, that take no dmg from mages, but that priest makes high dmg, so mages need general and MA in party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RJ-lkv8Qek

making that kind of spot, ASC might be able to be afk ... general would be afk for sure xD But look at int server ... General there is needed in every high level party. In TOP, he tank 3-4 priests (depend on floor) and just stand there and do nothing. Then he can go to HL where he tank 1 mob and also just stand there and do nothing (except use FOD when it times out, or some POB to get more agro, PD when healer stop healing for unknown reason etc.). At HL players on hanin are leveling till like 90 so general can be most of the time afk while leveling from 70 to 90. Why not? it's not like you can kill solo with General ... it's a tanker not attacker, so let him be afk if he have the balls to risk it all and depend on MA healing him only ^^
Also another taught here: POB from General should make alot of agro, and I mean ALOOOT. On int for example some level 75 general use POB and make like 3k dmg on some mob. Meanwhile I take other 50k of hp from that mob with thief DOK, and I don't get a shit from that mob, because General agro is just OP and it was always ment to be like it.
So general need to make alot of agro, but at the same time he can't solo level. It's a tanking job: huger agro, much deff, crapy attack

Also MA can use some key preser or w/e, but that's how it's working on other servers. So what if they can be afk there? Droprate for armor/wepons would be low there. And exp? lower then on active spots for sure, but that doesn't mean to make it 10x lower ^^

Idea about shiny party seems realy good to me ... there would be like 3-5 players in party all the time, and that would make playing much more interesting.

About knights ... still no idea what to do with GOS. maybe make some new area that only GOS,GEN,MA can go in? So lets say something like GOS level 71 on int at top f1. General lure, and GOS spin the mobs (1hit ofc). Or maybe GOS can also lure alone for himself and just solo kill all the time.
Again exp/droprate shouldn't be the same like on spot where archers are doing AR.

Problems solved:
-ASC have spot to level till 140 with shiny at some nice spot
-General: tanking mob with shiny in party with asc, or lure for GOS in knight area
-MA: healing shiny party (mobs at spots for shiny party need to give fair dammage, so it can't be done without MA)
-GOS: would have some leveling spot to kill with one spin, and archers and ascetics couldn't go there to mess with it
-GOB: doesn't need anything, it's main leveling char atm and doesn't need better spots or w/e
-IG: could be luring at shiny party spot? Otherwise it can still level like GOB (at least I think so). If it can't, increase dammage from VA and the other skill, so together those 2 skills would make kinda same dmg on mobs like AR from ~same level GOB.

Guild: Theros

Profile Visit website  

Post subject: Re: balancing chars and leveling spots
PostPosted: 14. May 2014, 11:54 
ShinTao
ShinTao||

Also if you decide to make any of those big changes, it would be usefull if you (UppaCuT) would make some intro videos or something like that to try get attention from players and so :)
You made few videos about your server, and I realised you are good with it. So some "advertising" about our server might bring server back to life :)

Guild: Theros

Profile Visit website