RedLight Evolution KalOnline Private Server
It is currently 17. Oct 2017, 18:47

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

AuthorMessage
 Post subject: [NEW] 3rd Job Skills
PostPosted: 8. Mar 2014, 03:09 
RedLight Daddy
RedLight Daddy

Please discuss your suggestions about balancing the new 3rd job skills here.
Constructive critism and suggestions for solutions are asked.

Don't flame, think about solutions.

Kind Regards,

Uppa

Profile Visit website  

Post subject: Re: [NEW] 3rd Job Skills
PostPosted: 8. Mar 2014, 03:18 
Newcomer
Newcomer

hi,
1st(MA)... Bless doesnt work at MA anymore
2nd(IG)... Arrow Explosion is useless now after the update, the effect changed and the dmg is that low I do 4k with it, same as LA lol... :roll: :evil:

PostPosted: 8. Mar 2014, 03:57 
Newcomer
Newcomer

bless to high cooldown for AR so they have to wait to long^^

MFG
Butthead

PostPosted: 8. Mar 2014, 15:18 
RedLight Daddy
RedLight Daddy

ok since some players do not understand I will comment some stuff:
1. spin slash => AOE dmg is always weaker than dmg vs 1 target -> Sword dance stronger than spin slash... same as PUS is stronger than halfswing...
2. Arrow explosion IS AOE! And since LA is 1 hitting target => this skill is a nice improvement for archer and not OP!
3. Same for virulent arrow - which is still a bit too strong in my opinion.
4. Arrow rain... expert archer has always been stronger in pvm than IG... its normal that AR + CS are stronger than AE and VA.
5. Bless cooldown .. bless is a really op skill and since mages are able to normal heal, and got therapeutic touch, these 2 skills are a nice improvement for every cjb.

These skills are meant to increase the partyplaying... so kill monsters 1 by 1 or get a good party combination to AOE huge amounts of monsters.

1 more time, these unbalanced 3rd job skills from before had same dmg on lvl 80 and on lvl 150.. which is 100% stupid. So the dmg was MUCH TO HIGH for lvl 80-120 players, since it has to be usable on lvl 150 too.. NOW ITS BALANCED. Before it was shit.

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: 8. Mar 2014, 15:51 
Newcomer
Newcomer

After being a judgemental cunt last night about the update, it finally come to me why things seem weird:
- Everyone's been playing Private Servers with overpowered 3rds for ages, since there isn't many servers, if any that has perfect PVP or PVE because if you nerf one skill another becomes more overpowered.

- It's hit me that, Uppa isn't trying to destroy 3rds, he's trying to make them reasonable for the level types against over level types. He's making it so, it starts to matter what items you're wearing as well as what level you are.

After playing around with the 3rds of an IG - It's actually become more of a challenge, which actually brings some more fun back into the game (I'm not sure about other classes right now) but I want to get a total feel for the IG, and bring back feedback about it. The IG seems to have reasonable cool down times for the 3rds, which is better than before where you could do x3 Arrow Explosion, by the time you've done x1 Virrulent Arrow.

My only concern is this: Why does Arrow Explosion stun the mobs for a few seconds? It's a nice idea ofcourse, but it could also be considered 'Overpowered' by some players.

PostPosted: 8. Mar 2014, 20:03 
RedLight Daddy
RedLight Daddy

ShaneHD wrote:
After being a judgemental cunt last night about the update, it finally come to me why things seem weird:
- Everyone's been playing Private Servers with overpowered 3rds for ages, since there isn't many servers, if any that has perfect PVP or PVE because if you nerf one skill another becomes more overpowered.

- It's hit me that, Uppa isn't trying to destroy 3rds, he's trying to make them reasonable for the level types against over level types. He's making it so, it starts to matter what items you're wearing as well as what level you are.

Totally agree with this!
ShaneHD wrote:
[font=Arial]
After playing around with the 3rds of an IG - It's actually become more of a challenge, which actually brings some more fun back into the game (I'm not sure about other classes right now) but I want to get a total feel for the IG, and bring back feedback about it. The IG seems to have reasonable cool down times for the 3rds, which is better than before where you could do x3 Arrow Explosion, by the time you've done x1 Virrulent Arrow.

My only concern is this: Why does Arrow Explosion stun the mobs for a few seconds? It's a nice idea ofcourse, but it could also be considered 'Overpowered' by some players.

Arrow Explosion is stunning for grade/2 seconds. G1 => 0,5 seconds on lvl 80, g6 => 3 seconds on lvl 155.. I might reduce this to grade/3 seconds.
It is also applying the Blind skill of IC to the enemy. The explosion (effect will be here soon) is blinding the enemy for same amount of time as stun. Its meant to be an escape skill for IG, since GoB can use EE to run faster, IG can now blind + stun the target to get away (teleport, run etc.).

Thought its a cool idea and something totally new.

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: 8. Mar 2014, 23:43 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Uppa,

I admit you had to change the skills and make it balanced. Though making such a big change is quite a change.

You stated the fact that knights are never meant to be AOE'ers, though if you look at hanin, there they are quite the big guys. They can easily solo AOE and that's fine!
Playing a GoS on this server was quite hard, I made it till 129 so far, though I never had the chance to solo. I did 25-30k dmg before this update with SS. Which was imo even too low at lvl 129, because we needed 3 GOSes to level at sorcerer, while archers (which aren't pure AOErs either) easily went solo and made the triple exp.

Now the damage went to 10-12k, that's like 1/8the of the sorcerers monsters HP. That means that a full GoS party isn't even able to level at sorcerers. (keep in mind that archers still easily can solo or duo-party here and also keep in mind that archers prefer soloing and the amount of GoS players is dropping). You might state: 'get better gear or higher level', but for that you need to be able to kill monsters..

Now the monsters at sorcerers are lvl 134, which is 5 levels above me, I can understand that they might be 'hard' to aoe at that level. However, on this server you can't level at yellow monsters (at least they dont drop/give exp to me :/ ) That means that we can't even go AOE the yellow mobs.

This server was very mage/archer based from the start and I got the feeling that this update will make this even worse.

I hope you will consider increasing the SS damage and give us GoS players a chance to play solo.

Rich;

PostPosted: 9. Mar 2014, 01:54 
RedLight Daddy
RedLight Daddy

Richard wrote:
Uppa,

I admit you had to change the skills and make it balanced. Though making such a big change is quite a change.

You stated the fact that knights are never meant to be AOE'ers, though if you look at hanin, there they are quite the big guys. They can easily solo AOE and that's fine!
Playing a GoS on this server was quite hard, I made it till 129 so far, though I never had the chance to solo. I did 25-30k dmg before this update with SS. Which was imo even too low at lvl 129, because we needed 3 GOSes to level at sorcerer, while archers (which aren't pure AOErs either) easily went solo and made the triple exp.

Now the damage went to 10-12k, that's like 1/8the of the sorcerers monsters HP. That means that a full GoS party isn't even able to level at sorcerers. (keep in mind that archers still easily can solo or duo-party here and also keep in mind that archers prefer soloing and the amount of GoS players is dropping). You might state: 'get better gear or higher level', but for that you need to be able to kill monsters..

Now the monsters at sorcerers are lvl 134, which is 5 levels above me, I can understand that they might be 'hard' to aoe at that level. However, on this server you can't level at yellow monsters (at least they dont drop/give exp to me :/ ) That means that we can't even go AOE the yellow mobs.

This server was very mage/archer based from the start and I got the feeling that this update will make this even worse.

I hope you will consider increasing the SS damage and give us GoS players a chance to play solo.

Rich;

I will increase the damage much for SpinSlash with next update.

Kind Regards,

Uppa

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: 9. Mar 2014, 14:09 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hello i have a problem with MI doesnt work for me and FI i dont hit the mobs so hard like before the update thats mean that i cant exp beacuse with FI and Icicle i cant kill sorcers on lvl 130 pls help me ;)

PostPosted: 9. Mar 2014, 16:26 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thank you, I'm definitely not the only with that suggestion :) Ingame a few guys already pmed me that they read my post on the forum and shared my opinion.

kind regards

PostPosted: 9. Mar 2014, 21:26 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hey Uppa hopefullly having a better day today :P i come to realize and not sure if its been reported as i dont see it in this topic but sometimes AR is not going off it trys to but as soon as the first wave is to come out it just stops....i have tried messing around with it quite a bit to find out what exactly is making it do it and i am clueless it seems like if i wait 20 seconds past the cooldown for AR it works most of the time but that might just be me getting lucky and it working lol...anyways gl and gj on what u have done the 3rds balanced have been needed done for a long time now :)

PostPosted: 10. Mar 2014, 01:50 
ShinTao
ShinTao||

Richard wrote:
Uppa,

Rich;

Well even if I don't play GOS I can agree with you.
Just based on ranking you can see how many knights there are.
7 GOS
6 GEN
38 GOB
7 IG
18 MA
24 ASC

Just those numbers tells everything. Sadly GOS and Gen aren't so usefull on server atm. There is TOP coming soon, and maybe it will be better then somehow. But remember that it's hard to balance high rate server like this with 3rd high grade stuffs etc.

But just because I want to see more knights ingame I like the idea to increase dmg of knights, or maybe give them some other kind of benefits w/e ... something that would make them more usefll here ^^ (easy to say I guess xD )

Guild: Theros

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2014, 15:54 
Fire Element
Fire Element

Sry to say, kn8 sucks... So tired of it -.-'' But i rly love kn8, and arch is just boring.

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2014, 16:26 
RedLight Daddy
RedLight Daddy

jhustle1984 wrote:
Hey Uppa hopefullly having a better day today :P i come to realize and not sure if its been reported as i dont see it in this topic but sometimes AR is not going off it trys to but as soon as the first wave is to come out it just stops....i have tried messing around with it quite a bit to find out what exactly is making it do it and i am clueless it seems like if i wait 20 seconds past the cooldown for AR it works most of the time but that might just be me getting lucky and it working lol...anyways gl and gj on what u have done the 3rds balanced have been needed done for a long time now :)

Hey there,
Arrow Rain client cooldown was not set correctly which has been fixed now I think!
FackingArch wrote:
Sry to say, kn8 sucks... So tired of it -.-'' But i rly love kn8, and arch is just boring.

Thanks for this really usefull comment. So what to change wtf? Next player who is posting such a useless "flaming" answer here without any information, blocked in forum. I'm tired of these shitloads in kalonline community.

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: 11. Mar 2014, 18:31 
Newcomer
Newcomer||

well my suggestion is to bit increase dmg of Spin Slash
and i think more players(knights) will agree with me
while GoB's, ASC's solo leveling/killing lures on sorcerers estate GOS can just watch
and i think its kinda unfair

Thanks for your understanding!
Kind Regards aylen